I love to bake. I always imagined I would bake with my kids in the same way my mom baked with me. However when we confirmed in September, 2015 that our son was alergic to dairy and raw eggs and sensitive to nuts my baking took a back seat to learning how to feed my child.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Haystacks
- 1/2 cup dairy free margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tbsp dairy free cocoa powder
- 1/2 dairy free milk of your choice (I used original soy milk)
- 1/2 cup soy butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-1/2 cups oats
- Melt first four ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper or a silicone baking liner.
- Pop into the fridge/freezer for at least 20 minutes and enjoy when the cookies have cooled and set