Saturdays around our house are what I like to think of as “Daddy” days. Cody works a lot through the week so Elijah gets his quality one-on-one Daddy time on Saturdays.
Saturday’s also happen to be the day Cody has to get some projects done around the house. So really Saturdays are Super Daddy days.
Did I mention that Cody most often also cooks supper on Saturdays? And I get a few more naps in?
Like I said, Saturdays are Super Daddy days.
Cody is the type of chef who likes to throw a little bit of this and a little bit of that in the pan and Presto! We have supper. Sometimes I consider it a winning combination but other times my Dutch, simple foods taste buds can’t quite handle his concoctions.
Tonight he came up with a winning combination.
As a bonus tonight’s dinner also fit into our new Isagenix lifestyle. Dinner was both satisfying, low calories, and high in protein.
But let’s not waste anymore time. Here is the recipe as provided to me by Cody.
Healthy Breaded Chicken
- 1/4 cup oats
- 8 soda crackers
- 1 tbsp IsaCrunch (Hemp Hearts)
- 1 tbsp Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend first five ingredients in a blender until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
- Crack one egg in a bowl and whisk the egg.
- Dry chicken with paper towel and then dip into the egg.
- Roll chicken in the oat and cracker mixture.
- Place chicken in a grilling pan then place it in the oven. After 25 minutes flip the chicken over and continue baking for another 25 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked remove it from the oven, slice each breast and arrange on top of a Caesar salad – or any salad of your choice