Prepare yourselves, this is the banana bread that made Cody give up his pursuit of all girls and focus on this girl! Although it was unintentional, and he had just finished a 40 day fast, this banana bread is the reason I couldn’t shake Cody’s attention in those early days.
I’ve been baking this banana bread for years alongside my mom and sisters. For as long as I can remember Saturday mornings were spent cleaning the house and baking for the next week. While the cleaning wasn’t so fun, we were always eager to help get the baking done. Partly because we enjoyed baking, and partly because that meant we could sneak small bits of cookie dough and lick the beaters when we were done.
Today this recipe is my go-to for when I want some muffins or need to bring something for brunch. Yes it’s a banana bread recipe but it’s versatile, so make muffins, a loaf or some mini muffins – whatever you’re craving.
Mom's Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs – well beaten
- 3 large bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- If making muffins, line tins with muffin papers or spray with cooking spray. If making a loaf, grease and flour a fairly large loaf pan.
- Beat eggs well, add margarine and white sugar and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan or tin.
- Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Place mini-muffins in oven for approximately 20 minutes, regular muffins for 25 minutes and loaf for approximately 40 minutes.
- Cool and devour!