You guys! I am such a proud mom today.
I had an eye appointment this morning. I had tried to find somewhere for Elijah to go so I wouldn’t have to try to keep him quiet and well-behaved during the appointment, but after three failed attempts, he had to come with me.
I was nervous but he did sooooo well. Both the receptionists kept saying how well behaved he was and he even got to pick a toy out of the treasure chest they have for young patients because he was doing so well. He chose a lime green and hot pink bracelet.
Normally eye appointments take maximum 30 minutes from start to finish. However, the doctor had an emergency and was running an hour behind. We arrived at 9:40 and left at 11:15 and Elijah didn’t melt down until we were well on our way home, yay!
I kept getting comments like “both your boys are so cute,” “he’s doing so well,” “He is so well behaved.” These comments made my heart swell since I normally get “Boy, you have your hands full,” and “He sure is busy.”
Here’s a picture of the little guy helping himself to the soy butter. He loves it and since he was so good I let him eat it by the spoonful.
Since we were busy all morning I was very grateful to have prepared granola bars for a quick snack before I could make myself lunch. These are delicious! They are no bake and stick together well. They’re also toddler approved!
Coconut Granola Bars
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (easy to make at home- find recipe here)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (or flax seeds or chia seeds, use what you like!)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Melt coconut oil and sunflower seed butter in a small pot over medium heat. Once melted and combined, remove from the heat and add in maple syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour in wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Press into a 9×13 inch glass baking dish and place in the fridge until set. Once set, cut into whatever sized bars you want.
- Store in fridge.